Are you looking for something quick, easy as well as tasty to toss up at lunchtime? Then this colourful cabbage and hemp salad recipe is just the thing for you!
This delicious salad incorporates a variety of colour, which is essential for obtaining a vast amount of nutrients in a single meal. It’s sure to stave off midday slumps and instead give you a great energy boost!
With added hemp seeds for protein and healthy fats such as avocado and olive oil, this salad is perfect for a satisfying lunch.
Bonus tip: Blend up a nutrient-dense green juice to enjoy with your salad for an added nutrient punch!
Tasty hemp and cabbage salad recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 small head of purple cabbage
- 1 handful cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup olive or hemp oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- Juice of a lime
What to do:
- Wash, cut and prepare all of the vegetables on the ingredients list.
- In a side bowl, whisk the olive or hemp oil with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vegetables, olive or hemp oil and hemp seeds.
- Squeeze the lime juice over your salad and refrigerate it for one hour.
- Remove your salad from the fridge, then top with sliced avocado.
- Enjoy immensely!
Let me know what you think of this tasty recipe!