I love granola. I love it especially because granola sneaks things like coconut flakes, sugared pecans and chocolate chunks into my bowl, and yet still passes the breakfast-appropriate test.
On summer mornings, granola and milk is my go-to, but sometimes I want something tastier that is sure to keep me satisfied until lunch. Enter this breakfast bowl creation of mine! Enjoy this fabulous recipe.
How to make my favourite breakfast bowl with frozen berries and granola
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup frozen mango, peaches or pineapple
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granola
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, coconut milk, frozen berries and fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds and vanilla extract. Puree until smooth (takes about one minute).
- Pour into a bowl and top with granola, pecan nuts, cacao nibs and an additional cup of frozen mixed berries if desired.
- Eat immediately. Enjoy immensely!