Eye creams and serums can be expensive and don’t always work – am I right? That’s why I’m thrilled to share that I’ve finally come across an unbelievably affordable and natural remedy for reducing dark circles and diminishing puffiness quickly: Tea bags! Here’s how to use them.
How to use tea bags to perk up your tired eyes
- 2 tea bags (I find that black and green tea bags that contain caffeine are the most effective)
- Mug of hot water
- Plate, container or plastic sandwich bag
What to do:
- Steep the tea bags in hot water for five to ten minutes.
- Remove the tea bags from the water and place them in your container of choice.
- Place the container inside the fridge for 20 minutes or until cold. PS: While the tea bags are cooling down, you can relax by drinking the mug of delicious tea you just made – yum!
- Take the tea bags out of the fridge and gently squeeze any excess water out of them so that they’re damp but not dripping wet.
- Lay one tea bag over each eye. Leave them on for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags from your face, then rinse your skin with cool water.
I use this fabulous tea bag eye treatment every day!