Keeping your hormones in sync is one of the most important parts of making sure your body is functioning at optimal level. Hormones like insulin and oestrogen are your body’s chemical messengers. Slowly and quietly, they run through your bloodstream, regulating processes like growth, metabolism and mood.
Just one small change in hormone levels can cause a major imbalance, with side effects like fatigue, depression and weight gain. Yikes!
While the number one way to keep your hormones in check is by consuming a variety of fresh, healthy foods on a daily basis, there are other things you can do that are very effective at keeping your endocrine system balanced, too.
Essential oils, for example, are a terrific way to avoid hormone imbalance and keep yourself feeling great. I love this homemade hormone-balancing serum made of four different essential oils because it’s effective and homeopathic. Try it out for yourself!
Four-ingredient essential oil serum to keep your endocrine system balanced
- 30 ml evening primrose oil
- 30 drops clary sage oil
- 30 drops thyme oil
- 30 drops ylang ylang oil
What to do:
- Mix all of the essential oils together in a bottle.
- Transfer the serum into a glass vial with a dropper.
How to apply:
Rub five drops of the serum onto your neck twice daily.
How the essential oils in this serum work to balance your hormones
- Evening primrose oil: Helps boost your energy levels and improves your mood.
- Clary sage oil: Helps level out oestrogen production in your body.
- Thyme oil: Helps increase progesterone production.
- Ylang ylang oil: Adds additional hormone-balancing properties – and it smells fabulous, too!