Who doesn’t love something minty and chocolaty? I know I do! I’m a former mint thins addict. Our love affair sadly came to an end after I learned about all the artificial, potentially harmful ingredients in every delicious box.
The good news? I found a solution to cure my mint thins ails. While testing many combinations for my new protein powder, I created a recipe that tastes even better than a box of mint thins and is loaded with healthy, plant-powered, real-food ingredients! Enjoy!
The benefits of this mint chocolate smoothie recipe
- 100% vegan
- Only 6 g of sugar
- 4 g of protein
- 5 g of fibre
- Tons of antioxidants and polyphenols
- Perfect post-workout smoothie
Vegan mint chocolate smoothie recipe
- 1 cup organic kale
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup purple grapes
- 2 cups almond, cashew or coconut milk (I find almond is the most delicious for this recipe)
- 1 large handful ice
- Rinse the kale, mint leaves and grapes and remove the stems.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend on high-speed until completely smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.