Most commercial hair-smoothing sprays and serums are packed to the brim with silicone and preservatives. Sure, silicone looks good at first – it shrink-wraps hair in something like plastic, making it look sleek and smooth.
But, unfortunately, silicone builds up with use unless you use really harsh detergents to strip it off your hair. This build-up can lead to flat, heavy, dull locks, which makes dedicated product junkies think the answer lies in more silicone!
Get off the shrink-wrapped hair bandwagon with this completely natural and intensely nourishing shine spray – I just know you’ll love it!
Try this silicone-free shine spray on your hair
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerine
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 10 drops vitamin E oils
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil
- In a spray bottle, combine all the ingredients.
- Lid the bottle tightly and shake well to combine.
- Spray the shine spray onto the tips of your hair to tame frizz and split ends. For all-ovr smoothing, or to protect your locks before styling, spray throughout your hair.
- For best results, avoid spray the shine spray onto your roots.
- Store the shine spray somewhere cool and dry and it’ll stay fresh for up to three months, though the essential oil scent will fade over about a month.