I love making overnight oats because they’re easy to throw together before bedtime and then, when you wake up, breakfast is ready to go! I like making my overnight oats in a jar so there’s only one dish to wash in the morning.
You may think that cold oats sounds odd, but I promise you, they’re so tasty and are great during the hot summer months! This particular recipe is delicious and creamy, bursting with blueberry flavour. I hope you enjoy it!
Blueberry and almond overnight oats recipe
- 3/4 cup raw almond milk
- 1/2 old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- Himalayan crystal salt
- Combine the milk, oats, blueberries, maple syrup, lemon zest, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a glass pint jar or other container with a lid the night before you want to enjoy your overnight oats for breakfast.
- Secure the lid and shake. Refrigerate for at least eight hours.
- In the morning, top the overnight oats with the almonds and drizzle with the maple syrup.