In spiritual practices all over the world, bath rituals serve as a form of rebirth. You unify with the sacred waters for regeneration, detoxification and clarity. As you bathe, you take a moment to reflect, set intention and wash away your old habits and patterns that no longer serve your highest good, all while making your skin sing from the inside out!
Healing baths can heal almost any physical, emotional, mental or spiritual illness. I’m telling you this from experience! Healing baths have taught me complete inner balance. And, as a result, I feel more beautiful. This is my favourite healing bath for inner and outer beauty…
Healing bath for inner and outer beauty
This ritual for inner and outer healing will nourish your mind, body and spirit in just one sacred bath. It’s incredible! And let me tell you this: When you feel beautiful from within, it’s apparent externally. I recommend you practise this bath once a week as a special treat to honour yourself and your beauty.
- 2 cups pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups dried calendula flowers
- 2 cups fresh pink rose petals
- 1 cup cacao powder
- Lemon balm tea
- Rose quartz crystal
- A flower that represents beauty to you
- A candle that you low
- Local raw honey
- White sage
Note: You can steep all the ingredients together in a tea prior to your bath, and then add the brew to your tub. Otherwise, toss them all in as-is for a pretty (albeit messy) bath.
How to create a sacred space:
Make a small altar near the tub using a rose quartz, a flower, a candle and any other personal power items that represent beauty to you.
How to perform the ritual:
- Set up your altar and combine all the ingredients in your tub.
- Cover yourself from head to toe in honey (yes, even your hair!), then light a piece of white sage with the flame from your altar candle and burn it around your body.
- After letting the honey set into your skin for about ten minutes, step into the bath.
- Practise Kapalabhati (shining skull breath) by exhaling from your nostrils, inhaling three-quarters of capacity and then taking at least eight quick, sharp forceful exhales through your nose. Repeat this three times.
- Sit back, close your eyes and soak for as long as you’d like in the powerful energy you’ve created.
- When you’re done with the bath, blow out the candle to signify the close of the ritual, and enjoy all of its beautiful benefits.