Are you looking for a smoothie equivalent to a cup of coffee? Well, this is it! Loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and minerals, this chocolate, banana and goji berry smoothie is just the thing to pick up your mood.
Chocolate, banana and goji berry pick-me-up smoothie recipe
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 cups filtered water
Add the water to your blender, followed by the other ingredients. Blend on high-speed for one minute or until creamy. Serve immediately.
The benefits of this chocolate, banana and goji berry smoothie
Each ingredient in the smoothie boasts its own nutritional benefits:
- Cacao powder: High in magnesium, iron, chromium, anandamide, theobromine, manganese, zinc, copper, omega-6 fatty acid, phosphorus, phenethylamine, tryptophan and antioxidants. In fact, cacao contains more antioxidants than acai berries, blueberries, pomegranates, goji berries and red wine combined!
- Goji berries: Add a complete spectrum of protein to your smoothie with a spectrum of 18 different amino acids, including all eight essential ones. The berries also contain 21 trace minerals, including zinc, iron, copper, calcium, geranium, selenium, phosphorus and B vitamins.
- Spinach: Rich in vitamins as well as calcium, selenium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, copper and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Blueberries: Contain manganese, antioxidants and vitamins.
PS: Try this smoothie for breakfast to start your day the right way! It’s also great after a gym session.